Welcome to the river restoration case studies RiverWiki. This tool is for sharing best practices and lessons learnt for policy makers, practitioners and researchers of river restoration.
This is an interactive source of information on river restoration schemes from around Europe!
Up to now, the database holds 760 river restoration case studies from 31 countries
HAVE YOUR SAY, we are happy to receive any suggestions for improvements to the site please contact us.
The RiverWiki has been developed by the RESTORE partnership for sharing knowledge and promoting best practice on river restoration. The RESTORE partnership is made possible with the contribution of the LIFE+ financial instrument of the European Community. Read more on the RESTORE partnership.
|Latest updated case studies||Modification dateThis property is a special property in this wiki.||Country|
|Test and Itchen River Restoration Strategy||11 July 2014 10:13:18||England|
|Spring Meadow Meander Restoration||10 July 2014 10:39:14||England|
|Kirkstall Valley Weir Fish Passes Project||8 July 2014 19:27:19||England|
|Unit 1b - Long Bridge to Downstream of Louds Mill||8 July 2014 15:55:13||England|
|Lower Woodsford||8 July 2014 15:33:25||England|
Map of case studies
What you can do:
- You can search the database to find case studies by using the different categories: country; monitoring or implementation costs and many more: click here to search for a case studies
- Please also add your own river restoration scheme to the database: click here to create a new case study.
- Provide us with your feedback: click here to take the survey or add to the discussion pages.
The following countries are members of the RESTORE partnership. Click any of the links below to view information about that country.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Wales
The following European countries are not members of the RESTORE partnership, but can also be clicked to view information about the country.
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Georgia, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City
- Search for case studies using a basic search form
- Search for case studies using an advanced search form
Create a case study
- The IWRM ToolBox is a free and open database with a library of background papers, policy briefs, technical briefs and perspective papers as well as huge sections of case studies and references in each tool.
- The IWA WaterWiki is an online resource for all areas of water, wastewater and environmental science and management. It has a section specifically dedicated to rivers as well.
- The REFORM FP7 project is working on a wiki site to disseminate scientific knowledge about river restoration.
- The Water Action Hub is an online platform designed to assist stakeholders to efficiently identify potential collaborators and engage with them in water-related collective action to improve water management in regions of critical strategic interest.
Do you have ideas of things that could be improved? please contact us.
The RiverWiki was developed by the RESTORE EU LIFE+ partnership, which was made possible with the contribution of the LIFE+ financial instrument of the European Community.